Interpretation of terms within this contract.
What personal information do we collect?
How do we use your personal data?
Who will your personal data be shared with?
How can you access or correct your personal data?
Request to withdraw consent/unsubscribe.
Updates on privacy protection policy.
How to contact us.
“Applicable Laws” means the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth), the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and their respective subsidiary legislation and regulations, as amended from time to time;
“Personal Information/Data” means any data, whether true or not, which is:
(a) about an individual who can be reasonably identified (i) from that data; or (ii) from that data and other information to which we have, or are likely to have access to and would include data in our records as may be updated from time to time or;
(b) defined as “personal data” or “personal information” under any applicable laws;
“Platforms” means collectively ERATO TEPPANYAKI’s Social Media and Website, and any other websites or applications which we may own or operate from time to time;
“Electronic Direct Mail” refers to the electronic direct mail (EDM) distributed to emails on the ERATO TEPPANYAKI database via Mailchimp;
“Social Media” means ERATO TEPPANYAKI’s pages and accounts on third-party social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook and other social media accounts that we may own or operate from time to time;
“ERATO TEPPANYAKI, we, us or our” means “THE TRUSTEE FOR TEPPANYAKI GROUP TRUST”;
“Website” means ERATO TEPPANYAKI’s website;
“Associated Website(s)” refers to websites related to the operation of ERATO TEPPANYAKI services, i.e. Quandoo for booking.
ERATO TEPPANYAKI can collect your personal information when:
– You use any of our related services, such as subscribing to our newsletter, events or electronic direct mail distribution service;
– You browse our services or otherwise interact with our website;
– You accept our websites google analytics and other tracking technologies on your device;
– You interact with our team or other representatives, for example, via our website, emails, telephone calls, video calls, face-to-face meetings;
– You interact with us on our social media, such as liking our posts, commenting on our posts, or private messaging us on our social media;
– You sign up to our affiliate marketing partner network, i.e. Mailchimp eDM subscription;
– You participate in our promotions and giveaways, initiatives or any request for additional personal data such as customer surveys;
We consult publicly available sources of information, or receive references or referrals from marketing and business partners, related companies, and third parties, for example, where they referred you to us to enjoy the benefits of a joint promotion or collaboration, or to redeem a voucher or ticket to an event that you purchased through them;
Our third-party analytics and other service providers, business or commercial partners provide your personal data to us, which was collected and processed by them and disclosed to us pursuant to their separate privacy policies; or
In addition to the aforementioned, you voluntarily submit your personal data to us for any reason.
ERATO TEPPANYAKI can use your personal information to:
– Process or collect payments for your restaurant bookings, event bookings, competition application or survey data;
– Send you marketing communications in relation to our sales, products, services, promotions or other relevant news;
– Deliver or perform the services you purchase from us, including organising events or messaging you to obtain specifications for bookings or follow up on any of the circumstances previously outlined;
– Facilitate you transacting via alternative payment method arrangements at the discretion of ERATO TEPPANYAKI;
– To carry out administration, marketing, planning, fraud detection and loss prevention activities, procurement, product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way we provide services to you;
– Comply with (i) internal risk controls, (ii) the terms of our access to payment processing, financial or banking services such as credit card disputes, fraud, billing errors, or (iii) any applicable law, regulation or regulator’s directive; and
– Ensure our website functions properly and to improve our services by carrying out activities such as debugging or statistical analyses for optimising our website.
ERATO TEPPANYAKI may disclose your personal data to:
– Our employees, consultants, temporary workers or other representatives;
– Payment processors, who process your payment on the website and associated websites i.e Humanitix;
– Business partners who separately maintain an account with you for loyalty or point redemption programs;
– Business partners or vendors in connection with the processing of any promotion, event or service organised by us;
– Our professional advisers, bankers, marketers and auditors;
– Agents, contractors or service providers who provide operational services to us or who help provide our services to you. This may include online cloud storage and processing, fraud detection and monitoring, marketing optimisation, information technology, market research, customer analysis or tracking, security or other relevant services which requires that entity’s collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data; and
– Any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data.
We do our best to minimise the disclosure of your personal data to the information necessary to perform the related purpose or additional purpose. However, we may also disclose your personal data for secondary purposes if the secondary purpose is related to the purpose or additional purpose and you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information for the secondary purpose, otherwise in accordance with applicable laws, or with your further consent.
You acknowledge and agree that should we sell, merge or otherwise change control of our business, our company or the website to a third-party:
We shall be permitted to disclose the personal data and other information that we have collected from you to the third party, without giving notice or seeking prior consent from you; and
we shall be entitled to assign the benefit of any agreements we have with you to the third party.
You may request access to the personal data that we have stored on file. To access or correct your personal data, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Per s18 of the Spam Act 2003 (Cth), should you wish to withdraw your consent for us to send you marketing communications, you can do so by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of the electronic direct mail that you receive. Once we receive notification that you wish to withdraw your consent for receiving marketing communications, it may take up to 14 days for your withdrawal to be reflected in our systems. Please note you may still receive marketing communications during this period.